Below are the areas that the CCIC is focused on.
- Resource use efficiency: Waste-to-energy, materials recovery, reuse and recycling
- Water management: Potable water, rainwater harvesting, efficient irrigation, waste water treatment and recycling, water use efficiency, desalination
- Sustainable agribusiness: Water/energy efficient irrigation systems; waste management; high-value agribusiness; sustainable land use practices; waste-to-energy; and wind and solar energy for farms.
- Solar energy: Residential and commercial self-generation, residential and commercial water heating, solar-powered air-conditioning
- Energy efficiency: Lighting, household appliances, air-conditioning, commercial cooling and ventilation systems, consumer behavior, building energy management systems, building design and materials.